The Auxiliary and Volunteer Services
The Auxiliary to Anderson Hospital is a volunteer organization that has over 200 members, most of those members are active volunteers within the hospital. The Auxiliary is an integral part of Anderson Hospital. Anderson Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute care medical facility. Established in 1977, Anderson Hospital offers a full range of advanced health care services. The hospital is owned and operated by Southwestern Illinois Health Facilities, Inc.
Auxiliary History and Background
The Auxiliary to Anderson Hospital formed in 1964 when plans first were announced to build a hospital in the Collinsville/Caseyville area.
Though original plans were delayed a few years, the Auxiliary remained in existence.
When plans to build Anderson Hospital were finalized during 1971-72, the Auxiliary demonstrated its dedication by pledging $100,000 toward construction of the hospital.
Today, the Auxiliary remains as dedicated and instrumental as ever in the continuing operation of Anderson Hospital, having raised over $3 million dollars to date to help expand services at the hospital. Your participation will help ensure this tradition in the years ahead.
Purpose of Auxiliary
It is the Auxiliary's mission to support, promote, and advance Anderson Hospital which is owned and operated by Southwestern Illinois Health Facilities, Inc. in its program to provide health services and facilities to the area residents. This mission shall be accomplished consistent with the objectives and approval of the hospital through fundraising, service to patients, and interpretation of the Hospital to the public.
Membership in the Auxiliary is open to all men and women who are interested in the hospital and the Auxiliary's objectives.
The following types of Auxiliary membership are available:
- Active Membership: With annual dues of $5, these members are our busiest people; volunteering in the hospital and working on our many fund-raising projects.
- Lifetime Membership: These members pay a one time payment of $100, payable in full within two years of the date applying for life membership. They are encouraged to be active in volunteer and fund-raising projects.
- Inactive Membership: Annual dues $10.00 for those unable to volunteer.
Meeting Dates and Places
The Auxiliary holds General meetings on the second Monday in January and July at 11:30 p.m. and in April and October at 5:30 p.m., in the Physicians Office Building Classrooms.
The annual meeting and installation of officers is
held in January, an awards dinner in April and annual Scholarships are awarded at the July Meeting.
In order to volunteer you must be at least 21 years of age and be an active Auxiliary member. The Auxiliary Director of Volunteers interviews prospective volunteers at which time a background check form, which is required for all volunteers and is done through the Hospital Human Resources, will be filled out. The new volunteers are then required to attend hospital orientation held on alternating Mondays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Following hospital orientation there will be up to six weeks training and a 90-day probationary period.
- Admit and Discharge Patients
- Gift Shop Sales
- Deliver Flowers, Mail, Newspapers, Etc.
- Run Errands to Various Hospital Departments
- Receptionist for Information Desk, Physicians Office Building Desk and Cancer Center
- Liaison in Outpatient Waiting & ED Waiting Rooms
- Install and Service CareLink Units
- Assist in Emergency Room
- Drive Shuttle
- Assist with Fund Raising